Discussions on the doctrines of Gaudiya Vaishnavism. Please place practical questions under the Miscellaneous forum and set this aside for the more theoretical side of it.
- "Spontaneous Devotion"?
The meaning of 'Raga'.
- "What to put on when the sweater unravels?"
or "Where to go once the cloud is rent?"
- 64 Aspects of Sadhana-bhakti
Examining the more exotic ones
- A Goloka for everyone
Individual views of Goloka
- Accepting a new guru and rejecting the old?
Reviewing what's acceptable
- Achievement of siddha-deha
The 'Inherent vs. Acquired' debate
- Ages and dresses of the Manjaris
Static or ecstatic?
- Anger, etc., in the Lila
Apparent anarthas in the nitya-lila/pure
The meaning of the term
- Are there two eternal svarupas?
In Vraja and in Gaura-lila
- athAtho Rasa jijnAsA
Bhakti rasamrta sindhu
- Attaining siddhi without siddha-pranali?
- Becoming brahmana through diksha?
- Before Mahaprabhu
evolution of consciousness
- Bg 8.5 Vs. Constant Practice Of Bhajan
- Bhagavan tattva
Secondary or Dominant emotion?
- Birth and death in the eternal lila?
Is death necessary even in Goloka?
Sridhara Maharaja's interpretation of it as pointing to Radha-dasy
- Caitanya's sannyasi-murti
- Confused about the Gaudiya tradition
- Copied Or Conflicting Commentaries
Do they leave room for development?
- Curious verse
- Dasa-mula and other summaries of Gaudiya-thought
Bhaktivinoda, Vipina Vihari, Baladeva and Srinatha
- Defining divya-jnana in the context of diksha
As in Bhakti-sandarbha, Anuccheda 283
- Defining what constitutes shabda
Further discussions on Vedic epistemology
- Definition and Description of Raganuga-bhakti
According to Srila Rupa Goswami
- Definition of Siddhanta and Tattva
- Deities vs. Dolls
Attitudes towards the arca-vigraha
- Delineation of Sri Krsna Svarupa
- dharmAviruddho bhUteSu kAmo'smi
- Different lvls. of Bhagavan sequentially...
Krishna, Balaram, Ram, Chaitanya, etc...
- Diksha and conversion
- Discussion on Madhava's thesis thread-
point by point analysis
- Does Nanda know?
The appearance in Mathura
- During siddha-avesh, is the name chanted?
- Dvaraka, Gaura and the highest dhama
Split from "Devi of Dvaarakaa"
- Earthly and Celestial Vrindavana
The difference between the two
- Eastern and Western approaches to Theism
Split from "East Coast gathering."
- Ekadasa-bhava -- Ajna and Seva
The difference between the two?
- eternally conditioned souls
who and what was i before?
- Fall Of Jiva
- Fall of the jiva
What's the conclusion?
- Fixed mood in tatastha?
- Freedom from anarthas as qualification
- Frequently Discussed Topics
A list of links to earlier threads
- Gaudiya Vaishnavism And Four Vedas
How are they related?
- Gaura Gadadhara
Gaura Gadadhara worship
- God And The Hierarchy Of Rasa
- Gradations of Yoga in the Gita
Split from "The symptoms of Gaudiya Vaishnava"
- Guru as one beyond nistha
Split from "gaps"
- Guru Lakshana
- Guru Tattva
I still don't understand
- Guruís personality
How did he look like?
- Harmonizing differences in the lila-narrations
The multi-faceted Lord
- Hearing Guru ninda
Sri Sukadev Goswami
- Hermeneutic Circle
Is there a Gaudiya 'Theology'?
- Hinduism - overly stressing external things?
- How do you know you are a manjari?
Discussions on manjari-bhava
- How is the Acintya of Acintya-bheda-abheda defined?
Looking at original sources
- Identification Problem
- Identities of Manjaris
How do we understand them?
- Idolatry among Vaishnavas?
Many gods - Idolatry in Hinduism?
- In the opinion of the Bhagavata ... "but"
Sri Jiva and the path of arcana (Bhakti-sandarbha)
- Incarnation of this, Incarnation of that...
- Is svakiya sentiment raganuga?
- Is there shanta-rasa in Vraja?
The moods of the flora and fauna of Vraja
- Jiber Swarup & Swadharma
An excellent book to read
- JIvera svarUpa hoy kRSNera nitya-dAs
- Jnana and mukti bashing
Why is it done so ferociously?
can it be shared and/or transferred
- Krishna's pastimes as an infant
Question from Ananda Vrndavana Campu
- Language and Meaning in Gaudiya Vaisnavism
- Logic In Gaudiya-epistemology
The boundaries of and the necessity for logical thought
- Logically, can Radha love Krishna?
Split from "Being a Manjari"
- Lord Balarama and gopis
Balarama and madhurya?
- Mahaprabhu and King Prataparudra
What's the significance of their meeting
- Mahaprabhu's descent
- Manjaris and Sri Krishna
- Mantra Tattva
whats in a mantra ?
- Mantra-diksa and Realization
The initiator's qualification
- Material world is a jail?
What does tradition say on this topic?
- Meaning of acharya
realizations and comments on guru-tattva
- Meeting Or Separation
Which one is higher?
- Mind and thoughts
About spirtual and material thoughts..
- Misconceptions on siddha-pranali
- Monism in Gaudiya-theology?
Examining the sources
Causes and Consequences
- Narasimha Caturdasi
Extracting the mood of the pastime
- Narottama's Views on God-given Faculties
Proper use and improper abuse
- Nature of sound
- Nava Gopis
- Necessity of Realization in Guru-pranalis
and other arising issues
No Fruitive Results
- Nistha: Steadiness
Questions all about the stage of nistha
- Obtainable only by mercy
How is our bhajan viewed from "above"?
- On separation and union
Sambhoga and vipralambha
- On Siddha-pranali
- On the humility and sadhana of Brahmaji
10th canto - chapter 14
- One loves the husband, not for the husband, but for the Atma
Brihad Aranyaka Upanishad 2.4.5
- Ontological position of Srimati Radharani
in Gaudiya Vaishnavism
- Original Guru is Nityananda
Guru is Nityananda
- Overview of the Constituents of Rasa
An essay in progress
- Panca-tattva Identities
- Parampara Pakoras
Where Does the Truth Lie?
- Perfection In Guru Tattva
- Plant Sentience
- Plausibility of karma and reincarnation
Do these aspects of the Guadiya school make sense
Is Gaudiya Vaishnavism Monotheism or Polytheism?
- Prabodhananda and Manjari-bhava
Manjari-bhava in Radha-rasa-sudhanidhi?
To whom should they go?
- Primary Definition
- Proselytization and Hinduism
Do Hindus try to convert others?
- Qualification For Translating Scriptures
What does it take to get it straight?
- Radha and Krishna as one, divided into two
- Radha maa - Why didn't she marry Krishna?
- Radha Shakti
- Radha's mahabhava vs her manjari's bliss
- Radical Religion
a discussion on Jagat's editorial
- Rare Indications in BRS
- Rasa In Mel's New Film
Has He Captured It Successfully?
- Rasa Theory and Its Relevance
- Rasa theory and raganuga bhakti
Purpose of writing literature
- Relative superiority and inferiority of rasas
- Root causes of perceiving the prakata-lila
Past impressions and desires
- Ruchi-pradhan and vichar-pradhan sadhakas
Two flavors of practitioners in Bhakti-sandarbha
- Rupanuga tradition
How should we 'debate' our philosophy?
- Sadasiva as visnu tattva
looking for reference
- Sadhu Sanga
what does "same disposition as oneself" mean?
- Sadhu-sanga Sadhu-sanga Sarva-sastre Kaya
But of which type?
- Sakshatkara or Prema?
- sambhogecchAmayI kAmAnUgA bhakti
- Sannyas in kali-yuga
What kind of sannyasa is forbidden?
Prerequisite for Manjari-bhava ?
- Sarva Samvadini
Jiva Goswami on scriptures and reasoning
- Sat, Cit and Ananda
Inherent in the jiva?
- Seeking a clear definition of shastra
- Shakti-tattva in Vedanta
A few notes
- Siddha Pranali
and Related Practices
- Siddha-deha from someone less than a siddha
Does that work out?
- Snippets of bhava
- Spiritual Integrity
Why I rejected Vaishnavism
- Sri Chaitanya as yuga-avatar - But what of the others?
Nityananda, Advaita and others as Vishnu
- Sri Dasamula Siksa
- Sri Dhama Tattva
philosophy of Sri Krsna's holy abode
- Sri Krsna's final teaching
- Sri Sadbhuja - Rama, Krishna and Gaura
The Purport of the Threefold Identity
- Srila Bhaktivinod Thakur On Siddha Pranali
- Status of gopis' husbands
Are they independent entities or not?
- Svarasiki and Mantramayi
as in Krishna-sandarbha
- Svarupa and Svarupa-siddha-bhakti
Three classes of devotion in BhS
- Taking things less seriously
Krishna as the dhira-lalita-nayaka
- Thakura Bhaktivinoda
How to contemplate Gaura
- The 26 qualities of a devotee
Explored in depth
- The age of Srimati Radharani
In relation to Krishna-lila
- The Ages of Sri Krishna
- The aspects of siddha-deha
Sri Gaura Govindarcana Smarana Paddhatti
- The awakening of anubhavas
In the stage of sadhana
- The concept of ekanta-bhakti
- The Controversial Teachings Of Bhaktivinoda
Examining the objections
- The Cosmos of the Bhagavata
Split from "Treating scripture as evidence"
- The dependence of mantra on initiation
- The Development of Raganuga Sadhana
Haberman: Acting as a Way of Salvation
- The Essential Nature of Sri Caitanyadeva
His identity and the causes for His appearance
- The falldown of the jiva
- The Hidden Path
Bhajan of the grhasta
- The independent nature of bhakti
- The Iron Age
Where does the idea come from?
- The Lord's eternal associates
- The Metamorphosis of the Mantra
Thoughs on Krishna-mantra and Krishna-nama
- The oneness and difference of diksa and siksa-gurus
Split from the Guru-tattva and Iskcon thread
- The position of Srila Haridas Thakur
- The purpose of this section
Please read before posting
- The rasa of Prahlad Maharaja
- The Reality of Gopa Kumara
- The Supremacy of Krishna
- The Sweet Medicine
How our sins perish through bhakti
- The third offense
Seeing Shiva and Vishnu as different
- The Ultimate Causes of Devotion
- The Ultimate Goal of Gaudiya Vaishnavism
Notes on Swami Tripurari's newsletter
- Theology of guru-tattva
In Gaudiya Vaishnavism
- Transformative effects of diksa
- Treating scripture as evidence
The fundamental dynamics of evincing
- Unique characteristics of manjari-bhava
What is the difference?
- uttamabhakta descends to madhyama level?
any early sources?
- Vada, Isht, Sadhan, Sadhya
- Various Questions on Raganuga-bhakti
Janma, Guna and Karma
- Vedanta and the Ontology of Shakti
Views of the various sampradayas
- Vedic and Tantric tradition
Their influences on Gaudiya thought
Notes on definition
- Vyasa, The Dating of Scripture, Academia, etc.
- Was Darwin Wrong?
Discussion of braja's posted editorial
- What is a kanistha-adhikari?
Studying the symptoms
- What is bhava-bhakti?
- Who Is Advaita Acarya?
Who is Advaita Acarya?
- Without guru's instructions
- Worshiping Sri Krishna without His Shakti?
Why is that?
- Y.A.S.T. (Yet Another Siddha-pranali Thread)
Split from "Perfection In Guru Tattva"
- Yogapitha Static Meditation
are thrones and jewels "aisvarya"?
- yukta vairagya