Who is a Full Member? Full member is someone who wishes to seriously participate in the discussions onboard, and who has adequately filled in his member profile and notified the administrator of the same.
Excessive anonymity often leads to a degradation of post quality, as people feel they can get away with saying anything. Therefore the posting rights of unidentified members are restricted. Members whose posting rights are restricted are limited to posting into the following forums:
- Questions and Answers - For questions and answers about Gaudiya Vaishnavism.
- Community, Moderation and Feedback - If you need to clarify something concerning the way the forums work, ask about our customs and so forth.
- Health and Related Topics - Goes without an explanation, however try to stick to topics that are likely to be relevant to the audience here. (Eg. health when traveling to India.)
- Tech Issues - Goes without an explanation, however try to stick to topics that are likely to be relevant to the audience here.
- Test Zone - Learn to use BB-code, test the way the forum works before you go live.
Restricted members are not allowed to use the forums above for posting topics that would belong to other subforums reserved only for Full Members.
If, for some pressing reason, you have a good reason to not fill in your profile but you'd like to nevertheless participate in other forums, at least let the moderators know who you are. Contact us by PM.
What should I fill into my profile?
For example, the following items would be welcome:
- Interests - what are you interested in?
- What are your primary sources of inspiration in spiritual life? Whom do you follow, if anyone, at present?
- A breakdown of your devotional history, been where and done what?
Let me add that of course nobody needs to give their legal names, addresses or anything of the sort. Just let us know who you are in terms of your interests and history to help us relate to you and know where you're coming from.
Should a full member remove his profile, his membership is subject to being downgraded again.
To edit your profile, go to My Controls at the top right of the view, and see the "Personal Profile" section there. Please read this thread for more information on the background of this principle of ours.