Somehow the planets aligned in such a way that over a 6 month period I led my company in two important sales initiatives which gave the top performer a Computer. As I already have two computers I have decided to get rid of them. If anyone is interested just let me know. I will take the best offer and take care of the shipping.
HP Pavilion m470n Media Center desktop PC with TV and a personal video recorder (PVR), a la Tivo, as well as an FM tuner. Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004 Operating System (compatible with cable, digital cable, satellite TV, and
antenna). It also features a remote control, 8x DVD+RW burner, ATI Radeon 9200 video card, 160 GB hard drive, 512 MB of installed RAM, and multi-format memory card reader.
* Hard Drive: 160 GB Ultra DMA hard drive (7200 RPM) for approximately 160,000 2-megapixel images, video (approximately 9 hours of .avi video), and MP3 collection (up to 2,000 CDs).
* Processor: The 3.0 GHz Intel Pentium 4 processor with Hyper-Threading technology (allows a single CPU system to behave in some aspects like a dual-CPU system) suited for high-performance needs, including 3-D gaming, database development, and video editing. It also has a 1 MB L2 cache and 800 MHz front-side buss (FSB).
* Memory: 512 MB built-in memory (1 x 512 MB PC-3200 DDR SDRAM). The motherboard has two memory sockets for a maximum memory expansion of 2 GB.
* CD/DVD Drive: Two optical drives: a 48x CD-ROM for playing music and games and a DVD+RW burner for writing data and video to disc. For DVDs, it has 8x write, 4x rewrite, 12x read speeds; for CDs, it writes at 24x, rewrites at 10x, and reads
at 40x. It's compatible with the DVD+RW format, one of two formats for rewriteable DVDs.
*Keyboard & Mouse: Keyboard with full multimedia control and scrolling optical mouse (both with PS/2 connections).
*Sound and Graphics: Installed ATI Radeon 9200 AGP 8x video/graphics card for 3-D graphics renderer, 128 MB of shared video memory and a TV-out
connection. Integrated sound card uses the AC'97 (Audio Codec '97) standard (configurable to 6 channels of audio). The m470n comes with a three-piece set of Harman Kardon 2.1 speakers (1 subwoofer and 2 satellites).
*Connectivity and Expansion Slots: 2 5.25-inch external bays (both occupied), 4 3.5-inch bays (one internal bay available), 3 PCI slots (two available), and 1 AGP 8x slot (available). Built-in floppy drive and the following external connectors:
- 6 USB 2.0 ports (2 in front, 4 in rear) for connecting a wide range of peripherals--for digital cameras to MP3 players
- 2 FireWire (also known as IEEE 1394 or i.Link) ports for connecting digital video camcorders and other peripherals (1 in front, 1 in rear)
- 1 parallel port for connecting older printers and scanners
- 2 PS/2 ports for connecting keyboards and mice
- 1 RGB monitor port
- 1 serial port for older peripherals such as early PDAs
- 1 microphone and 1 headphone jack in the front
- 1 Digital Video Interface (DVI) port
- 1 TV-out (S-Video) port; 1-TV Input S-Video Port; 1-Composite Video/Audio Input Ports
- 2 audio line-in ports
- 1 audio line-out port
- Multi-format memory card reader that's compatible with CompactFlash (Type I/II),
MicroDrive, Memory Stick and Memory Stick Pro, Smartmedia, Secure Digital (SD), and MultiMedia (MMC) memory cards.
-Integrated 56K modem (V.92) and an RJ-45 LAN network port (for a 10/100 Ethernet connection to networks and DSL/cable
Preloaded System and Software:
The pre-installed Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004 is essentially Windows XP Professional Edition with a variety of tools to help you to create, organize, and enjoy digital media ranging from music to home movies to photo slide shows. Additionally, it enables you to control your television with the included remote and record and pause programs (much like a PVR such as Tivo or ReplayTV). You can even pause or rewind (up to 7 seconds) FM radio broadcasts.
It also features Microsoft Works (for working with word processing and spreadsheet documents), Microsoft Money 2004, Quicken New User Edition 2004, Norton Antivirus 2003 (with 60 days of complimentary updates), Adobe Acrobat Reader, Encarta Encyclopedia 2004 Standard Edition, Adobe Photoshop album (starter edition), RecordNow 6.5 (for burning CDs), WinDVD SE 4.0 (for DVD playback), ArcSoft ShowBiz (for editing digital video), and MusicMatch Jukebox.
What's in the Box
This package contains the HP Pavilion m470n desktop PC, remote control (with USB infrared receiver), Harman Kardon 2.1 speaker system, power cable, keyboard, and mouse.
Hyper-Threading: A Hyper-Threading processor helps a PC to run multiple demanding applications at the same time. This technology enables the processor to execute two threads (a part of a program) in parallel, boosting performance during key high-drain procedures. This results in more efficient software performance (such as faster reaction times in gaming applications) and enhanced multitasking.
More About Microsoft Windows XP Media Center
What sets this PC apart is that it is powered by Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004, which offers the features, reliability, and power of Windows XP Professional, plus advanced digital entertainment capabilities. The Media Center interface offers you more types of entertainment to enjoy: TV, Personal Video Recording (PVR), Movies, Music, Photos, Videos, Radio, and DVD. Use the remote control to enjoy from anywhere in your room.
TV & Movies
Pause live TV
Watch TV when and how you want, and never miss a moment of your favorite programs. Pause and rewind live TV. Record a TV episode, series, or category. Automatically record a personalized selection of TV programs using Keyword Record. Media Center downloads the latest program listings for you and even wakes up from power-saving standby mode to record programs, so you can watch shows on your schedule.
Share your digital photos on your TV screen
Photos & Video
Easily edit your digital pictures and digital videos, and then launch a dynamic slideshow complete with animated transitions and your favorite soundtrack. While viewing a picture, zoom in to see more detail. You can rotate, correct red-eye, and print your pictures using the remote. Play slide-shows straight from digital storage devices.
Music & Radio
A centralized place for all of your music
All your music is stored in one digital jukebox and using the remote, shuffle your entire music collection according to artist or genre or listen to your tunes through playlists that learn what you like. Tune in FM stations and pause live radio. Full-screen visualizations pulse to the beat of the music. Cool on-screen effects show music information, such as track title, track time, and artist.
*monitor not included