All varieties of devotional topics that don't fit under the other sections of the forums. However, devotionally relevant
topics, please - there are other boards for other topics.
The Upcoming Sri Chaitanya Foundation -
Elpis - Sat, 13 Nov 2004 08:03:43 +0530
QUOTE(Madhava @ Nov 12 2004, 09:12 PM)
I also suggested (September 30th) the following to be amended somewhere into the document outlining the principles of the upcoming Sri Chaitanya Foundation:
Could you tell us something about this upcoming Sri Chaitanya Foundation?
Madhava - Sat, 13 Nov 2004 08:26:33 +0530
There has been a need since a long time for a pan-Chaitanyaite organization that would facilitate the translation and publication of literature, and in other ways further the cause of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu.
The following is a snippet off a draft of the upcoming press release:
Chaitanya Vaishnavism is a broad tradition, encompassing a variety of branches, lineages and practices. All these branches share some basic doctrines and practices in common, and can trace their succession of teachers directly to one of Chaitanya's close followers.
Eager to present their tradition accurately to the public, Chaitanya Vaishnavas from several different lineages have joined together to form Sri Chaitanya Foundation, a non-profit educational organization dedicated to:
Sri Chaitanya Foundation will encourage Chaitanya Vaishnavas from diverse lineages to become better acquainted with one another, explore their common goals and aspirations, and foster a greater public awareness of the authentic breadth, depth and relevance of the Chaitanya Vaishnava tradition in our modern world.
- Preserving, translating, publishing and disseminating the classic literary and philosophical texts of Chaitanya Vaishnavism
- Fostering creative reflection on those texts
- Encouraging scholarly and respectful study of Chaitanya Vaishnava history, sociology and community development
- Establishing outreach programs to bring Chaitanya Vaishnava thought and practice to the attention of people and groups outside the tradition
- Promoting a spirit of unity and collegiality among Chaitanya Vaishnavas from differing branches within the tradition
- Sketching out a "road map" for the future of Chaitanya Vaishnavism, as it finds its place as an active and valuable member of the developing global community of humankind
We've been actively chewing on this since early September or so, but seem to have been keeping a bit busy with a host of other projects, too. I hear Braja is now almost through with the paperwork, so we are ready for phase two of the masterplan.