The ultimate nowhere-land. Whatever doesn't seem to fit in any of the other categories, post it in here. For example, discussions on Mahatma Gandhi and the latest news on CNN should go here.
Saint Theresa of Lisieux, coming to a movie theater near you! - New movie coming out on the life of this French saint.
babu - Sun, 03 Oct 2004 01:38:26 +0530
babu - Sun, 03 Oct 2004 01:48:11 +0530
Writings of St. Thérèse of Lisieux
• "Our Lord needs from us neither great deeds nor profound thoughts. Neither intelligence nor talents. He cherishes simplicity."
• "With me prayer is a lifting up of the heart, a look toward heaven, a cry of gratitude and love uttered equally in sorrow and joy; in a word, something noble, supernatural, which enlarges my soul and unites it to God ... "
• "He that has true and perfect charity seeks himself in no one thing, but desires only the glory of God in all things."
• "You know well enough that our Lord does not look so much at the greatness of our actions, nor even at their difficulty, but at the love with which we do them."
• "Jesus set the book of nature before me and I saw that all the flowers he has created are lovely. The splendor of the rose and the whiteness of the lily do not rob the little violet of its scent nor the daisy of its simple charm. I realized that if every tiny flower wanted to be a rose, spring would lose its loveliness and there would be no wildflowers to make the meadows gay.
"It is just the same in the world of souls — which is the garden of Jesus. He has created the great saints who are like the lilies and the roses, but he has also created much lesser saints and they must be content to be the daisies or the violets which rejoice his eyes whenever he glances down. Perfection consists in doing his will, in being that which he wants us to be.
"Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be — and becoming that person."
Satyabhama - Sun, 03 Oct 2004 04:03:54 +0530
I like Therese pretty well... neat about the movie.
One of my Catholic friends is a big fan of hers.